An Escambia County volunteer firefighter has been named the Florida Mother of the Year by the American Mothers organization.
Cheyann Smith, a mother of two, has served with the Beulah Station of Escambia County Fire Rescue since March 2018. Led Grow Light V4
She joined the Air Force in 2012, where she took note of a mental health crisis in the military. She went back to school in hopes of aiding her fellow airmen. She earned her bachelor’s and master’s degrees and is currently working on a doctorate of phytology.
“This is a monumental honor because those two little girls are my world,” said Smith. “Everything I do, I do for them. I hope they understand from the example I’ve set that as long as they work hard, stay committed, have self-discipline, and have good time management skills, they can be whatever they want to be when they grow up. My ultimate goal in life is to raise strong, independent, kind human beings and be a mom that my children can be proud to call their own.”
She led several humanitarian drives before starting her own nonprofit Beacon — Be the One to Light the Way. The organization is dedicated to providing relief to individuals with food and housing insecurities.
Smith will be recognized during the American Mothers National Convention in Omaha, Nebraska, this April.
Email Address (will not be published) (required)
Website (enter your own site, if any; not northescambia.com)
Have a comment on this story?
We welcome your comments on this story, but there are some rules to follow::
(1) Be Nice. No comments that slander another, no racism, no sexism, no personal attacks.
(2) No Harrassing Comments. If someone says something bad about you, don't respond. That's childish.
(3) No Libel. That's saying something is not true about someone. Don't do it.
(4) Keep it clean. Nothing vulgar, obscene or sexually related. No profanity or obvious substitutions. Period.
(5) NorthEscambia.com reserves the right to remove any comments that violate our rules or we think to be inappropriate. We are not responsible for what is posted. Comments may not appear right away until they are approved by a moderator.
(6) Limit your comments to the subject in this story only, and limit comments to 300 words or less. Do not post copyrighted material. Comments will not be added to stories that are over 30 days old.
(7) No posts may advertise a commercial business or political group, or link to another commercial web site or political site of any kind.
Written by William Reynolds · Filed Under FRONT TOP
80W Led Grow Light Copyright © 2007-2019 NorthEscambia.com · P.O. Box 1207 · Century, FL 32535 · All Rights Reserved.